The secret to an established life in Denmark- the Danish Green Card Scheme
Danish Green Card Scheme – at a glance– at a glance
The Danish Green Card allows skilled individuals to obtain a residence permit based solely on their qualifications for the purpose of finding work in Denmark. The residence permit is granted after a successful evaluation conducted under points-based system. Factors like educational level, language skills, and adaptability are considered for eligibility.
The Danish Green Card is your significant means to represent as a permanent resident of Denmark.
If you are a skilled professional desiring of a PR status in Denmark, then a Danish Green Card Scheme allows you with a work and residence permit in Denmark. This allows you to reside in Denmark, without having to apply for a separate work permit. Also, it allows you to carry paid or unpaid employment, without any breach of the country rules. However, the Danish Green Card scheme does not allow you to run your own business in Denmark.
To migrate to Denmark under this scheme, it is mandatory for you to score overall 100 points under a point-based system, as per the rule laid by the Ministry of Immigration, Denmark. The points are allotted taking into consideration factors like educational qualification, language proficiency and your adaptability to the life of Denmark.
Our Denmark Immigration Points Calculator will help know your score and your genuine chances to migrate to Denmark. Try it now!
The Danish Green Card gives you the following authority:
- Live, study and work full time in Denmark.
- Having met all the eligibility criteria, you can apply for a permanent residence in Denmark.
- Allows you to travel to any nation across the Schengen Zone, without a visa.
- Allows to apply for an extension of three years (minimum being 2 years)
- Receive your PR visa within a minimal time of 6-10 months.
Who qualifies for the Danish Green Card?
If you relate to the following set of prerequisites, you qualify for Denmark immigration.
Education: If you hold a Bachelor’s degree, you stand eligible for application. However, the higher the degree, the more scores you can claim. If the university you have graduated from stands among the top 400 universities, you will be benefited with additional points. On the whole, you can achieve a maximum of 130 points as your educational credentials.
Language proficiency: The condition to be eligible is to pass a recognized language test in Danish, English, Swedish, Norwegian or German language. On meeting the condition, you can score maximum 40 points for your language skills.
Adaptability: Your education and work connection with EU/EEA or Switzerland can help you ease your adaptability to the work culture of Denmark, and for this you can maximum of 15 points.
Besides the above, you will also need:
- Proof of funds: Documents (bank statements) must be produced as an evidence of you being financially strong to support yourself and your dependents during the stay in Denmark. As of the rule, the main applicant must hold funds equivalent to DKK 131,616 (12 x 10,968).
- Health Insurance: You must have a comprehensive health insurance, which covers your health care and also that of the family members accompanying you.
- Police clearance certificate: You must provide police clearance certificate (on demand), to prove yourself good in character and clear off any criminal record.
Can your family members accompany you?
If you have a residence and work permit, your family members can migrate to Denmark along with you under specific conditions.
- You must be serving an employment with any company in Denmark.
- You need to complete a 1 year stay before you file an application for your family’s migration process.
- You must have been paid at least one month’s salary based on this employment.
- You must have a guaranteed salary of at least (2016 level) DKK 10,968 per month, if the accompanying family member is your spouse/partner or DKK 14,575 per month, if the accompanying family consists of one or more minor children or a spouse/partner and one or more minor children.
How we can help you migrate to Denmark?
You just submit a query and we will take care of the rest!
Drop us a line and one of our immigration expert will get back to you with a free and satisfactory telephone counselling on Denmark immigration. An eligibility test followed by a positive outcome is the basic startup of your Denmark immigration process.